Moving InWards Evaluation

The feedback from the music workshops was collated and the results are below. We would like to say a huge thank you to those at the Arts Council England and the Carlton Hayes Charity that helped to fund these workshops.

We also extend our thanks to all the staff and patients at Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust for their time and support. Sincere thanks also goes to Lydia Towsey at the trust for helping the project to become a reality.

Evaluation Summary Moving InWards:

Following 12 ‘Moving InWards’ music workshops across 7 mental health hospital wards, including one all female ward, during the period of October 2014 to March 2015

89 hospital patients completed an Evaluation form.

33% of the responses came from male patients and the remaining 67% were female.

The responses indicate that:

  • 100% of the respondents enjoyed the music workshop and 99% felt comfortable and included throughout the session.
  • 96% of those asked, found mixing with others helpful and would like to have more music workshops.
  • 98% of respondents thought that this type of workshop was beneficial.
  • When asked if this type of workshop helped express emotion, 94% answered yes and 91% went on to confirm that they felt more confident positive and relaxed, 75% scored the workshop 10 on a 1-10 scale, where 10 indicates very confident and relaxed.
  • 97% of the participants would recommend this workshop to others.
  • 48% of those asked, expressed an interest in having additional activities and their suggestions included: bowling, more original material from Moving InWards, more music sessions, more frequent sessions, more exercise.

evaluation2

To view the testimonials of the work so far please click here..